|School for the Arts|
"What a wonderful place for serious study and growth. The facilities are some of the best that I've seen anywhere and the faculty is top-notch, with real world experience under their belts...a student couldn't ask for a better situation to learn and grow as both a person and an artist." ~ Jennifer Higdon, Composer, Curtis Institute of Music
- With selective admissions, a robust scholarship program, and 7-to-1 student-to-teacher ratio, we function like a private conservatory, yet are affiliated with the highly respected University of North Carolina system.
- We offer a world-class artist faculty and an ample array of distinguished visiting artists to inspire and guide our students.
- Magnificent facilities, including Watson Chamber Music Hall with state-of-the-art acoustics, are learning laboratories for students.
- We offer superb training and a well-rounded education in Post-Master's Studies, Graduate Studies, Undergraduate Studies and High School Studies programs.
- Our campus is vibrant with other arts: dance, design and production, drama, filmmaking, and visual arts.
With all these elements, there’s no place else like the School of the Arts for musical artists to learn and grow!
...preparing the artists of the future