- I am involved in classical music as a
- Musician: Professional Instrumental, Music Educator- college, Music Educator- pre-college, Music Publisher, Parent of a Musician
- If you are a music teacher, music school or program or religious institution, please indicate which subject(s) you offer.
- Instrumental Private Lessons, Instrumental Group Lessons, Composition, Music Business/Industry, Music Education, Orchestra, Theory
- My instrument/voice is
- Schools I have attended:
- ohio state university
- Companies/Organizations I work for:
- Creative Strings Academy, Berklee College of Music, The New School, Creative Strings Workshop and Festival, Yamaha, D'Addario
- My web site is
- My highest completed level of education is:
- Bachelor's Degree
- More about me or my organization
- The Creative Strings Workshop and Festival was founded in 2002 as an innovative week-long intensive event for improvising string players. Catering to a wide range of classically trained musicians from students as young as 14 to professionals in their seventies, the event features over 25 public performance opportunities throughout the week. Participants are placed in small ensembles and given the opportunity to perform and rehearse along masters in jazz, rock, fiddle styles, and more.
The Creative Strings Academy is an online home study program founded in 2010 featuring over 200 instructional videos, backing tracks, downloadable ebooks, and more. This includes perhaps the most comprehensive curriculum for improvising string players.
Christian Howes regularly visits string orchestra programs in middle school, high school, and collegiate level offering interactive and educational sessions, culminating in a guest artist appearance. These programs now benefit from access to his Creative Strings Academy online curriculum prior to the physical visit.
- jazz violin, learn to improvise, eclectic styles, eclectic styles strings, alternative styles, fiddle camp, jazz violin lessons,