The Professional Women Singers Association, founded in 1982, advances careers of women singers and promotes musical excellence. It functions as a network of distinguished women singers who support each other in their professional work in opera, musical theater, concert and cabaret performance, and sacred music in churches and synagogues.
• Promotes the talents of its singers to the greater musical community
• Strives to keep abreast of professional singing opportunities for its members
• Awards grants to individual members to help defray costs of recitals
• Sponsors master classes and seminars on relevant areas of interest to singers
• Provides a forum for members to discuss information pertinent to a singing career
• Produces pro bono outreach concerts by members in community centers
Performing Members are selected by auditions judged by a panel of established conductors, singing coaches and stage directors to maintain a high level of professionalism in the roster. PWSA also has vibrant Affiliate Members who participate in the professional development opportunities sponsored by PWSA.