Most of our patients report that physical therapy at Bethesda Physiocare and Anne Arundel Physiocare is quite different from what they have experienced in other clinics.
- Physical therapy in our clinics is always one-on-one; we never “double book” appointments and we reserve ample time to address patients’ specific needs.
- All physical therapists have been trained in the technique of trigger point dry needling.
- Our physical therapists are experts in the physical therapy diagnosis of movement impairments and continue to attend post-graduate courses.
- At Bethesda Physiocare and Anne Arundel Physiocare, we work as a team, and commonly consult with each other to assure you the best possible care.
- All physical therapists at Bethesda Physiocare are members of the American Physical Therapy Association, the International Myopain Society, and the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists, among others.
- Our physical therapists speak English, Spanish, Dutch, German, Hebrew, and Arabic.
At Bethesda Physiocare and Anne Arundel Physiocare, our physical therapists examine each patient thoroughly, and develop individualized treatment plans. While we have several clinical specialties, including craniomandibular physical therapy, performing arts physical therapy, pelvic pain/dysfunction and issues of continence, chronic pain physical therapy, and the fabrication of custom-made orthotics, our physical therapists are highly skilled in all areas of musculoskeletal dysfunction.
During the initial phase of physical therapy, the emphasis is often on pain management and self care skills. As soon as possible, patients progress towards more functional training, which may include specific strengthening exercises, core stabilization, posture training, and aerobic activities. Our ultimate goals are to increase the activity tolerance in individuals suffering acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions, and to return patients back to a functional life style, work, and recreational activities.