Director of Development Services & Prospect Research Full-Time/Exempt
Vice President of Development Development Operations Manage
The Director of Development Services and Prospect Research is responsible for overseeing the moves management of the Symphony's major donors and major donor prospects to realize success ofthe organization's annual fund and Vision 2020 campaigns. The Director of Development Services & Prospect Research will conduct prospect research, recommend action steps and timelines to staff and volunteer solicitors, extract lists and enter said activities into Tessitura. Additionally, this person will oversee data entry, and ensure that all data in Tessitura is entered uniformly.
This self-motivated individual will be an experienced prospect research and development services professional able to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced and growing performing arts institution.
A passion for and experience in the performing arts is essential.
- Establish, review and maintain prospecting portfolios for individual giving officers and volunteer solicitors through list reviews, screenings, analytics and research utilizing I Wave and other resources; recommend action steps and timelines to staff and volunteer solicitors; extract lists and enter Moves Management activities into Tessitura.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate research material for prospect management meetings; lead prospect management meetings for both the Annual Fund and the Vision 2020
campaign, assign action items to gift officers and volunteer solicitors; enter action steps, timelines and solicitors into Tessitura.
- Provide regular reports on campaigns, funds and appeals; analyze results and recommend strategies; distribute development officer and volunteer solicitor activity reports,
measuring activities against goals.
- Oversee all aspects of development services, including gift acknowledgements/receipts.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate research material for prospect management meetings, development events and individual solicitation/cultivation calls; lead the development and
implementation of an integrated stewardship strategy for donors and volunteers at all levels, working with the Board Stewardship committee and the development team.
- Lead, manage, develop, mentor and evaluate the development services team to ensure a comprehensive and integrated fundraising support process.
- Distribute meeting notices and materials in advance of Ad Hoc Committee meetings.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, with a minimum five years prospect research and development services experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Fluency in English
- Proficient in Tessitura and Microsoft Office
- Experience with prospect research databases, ideally iWave
- Responsible, reliable and able to work daytime, evenings and weekends
- Physically able to lift 35Ibs, unassisted
- Must have a positive attitude, be able to work as part of a high-functioning team, possess a knowledge of and passion for symphonic music, as well as the desire to share it with others
The Jacksonville Symphony offers a salary commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package.
About the Jacksonville Symphony:
The Jacksonville Symphony is a cultural leader of a vibrant and growing northeast Florida. With an annual operating budget of $10.5 million, the Symphony performs more than 100 main stage concerts each season, as well as another 100 education and community engagement performances to serve more than 250,000 people throughout the First Coast per year.
Since 2015, the organization has been under the dynamic leadership of President and CEO Robert Massey, who has led a period of rapid growth that has included artistic enhancements, deepened community impact, and financial success. In 2017 the Symphony announced its Vision 2020 Campaign, a $50 million comprehensive fundraising campaign.
Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2018. Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.