Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a Program Coordinator, DC/MD/VA Program to coordinate local programs and activities of the Wolf Trap Institute.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement to devise, plan and implement DC/MD/VA Program services including Residencies, Professional Development and Family Involvement Workshops, and Demonstration Residency/Institute Program Observation opportunities. Ensure that commitments are fulfilled in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
- Make strategic decisions regarding coordination, implementation, and application of designated services to ensure program policies and practices are applied with integrity.
- Manage Institute services, maintaining communication throughout service timeframe. Ensure that all involved parties receive confirmation details for services.
- Develop, cultivate, nurture, and sustain DC/MD/VA partnerships.
- Serve as a liaison with teachers, school administrators, and teaching artists regarding DC/MD/VA program services and program effectiveness.
- Lead, organize and conduct orientation sessions that outline goals and procedures for teachers and teaching artists.
- Collaborate with Institute team to develop programs and special initiatives.
- Accurately document, track, and report on DC/MD/VA services/programs.
- Create and submit reports per funding/grant requirements.
- Provide program information and data to support internal departments.
- Maintain systems and procedures, including service, contract, and invoice tracking for Institute programs and program evaluation systems.
- Create and process contracts.
- Manage and maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions for all designated services/projects.
- Advise management and collaborate with team on budget and service planning.
- Represent Wolf Trap Institute with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two to four years’ experience working with performing artists/teaching artists, school systems, funding sources
- Experience in early childhood education or professional development programs preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and identify departmental needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.