Basic Function and Responsibility:
This position is responsible for teaching classes as assigned by the Academic Dean. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with college and division policies and procedures. Must meet Minimum Faculty Standards for hire and adhere to college policies and procedures.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Instructors are responsible for obtaining and maintaining reliable compatible computer hardware and software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
• Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teaching-learning process.
• Capable of creating a classroom and lab environment, which is conducive to student learning.
• Strong motivation to work/serve under-prepared students.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in vocal music or related area with tested experience in vocal music
Preferred: Master’s degree in music or related field or master’s degree and 18 graduate hours in music or related field
Preferred: Teaching experience is preferred.