May 1, 2018
Friday, May 18, 2018, 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Saturday, May 19, 2018, 10:00am - 2:00pm*
*If all time slots fill up, new time slots will be added
Winners will play their piece (2 minutes maximum) at a classical, pops, education, outreach or summer concert within 18 months following the competition. These assignments are at the discretion of the Music Director.
Northwest Indiana Symphony Rehearsal Hall
Center for Visual and Performing Arts
1040 Ridge Road, Munster 46321
1. Play any musical instrument/singing (solos, duets, trios & quartets are accepted)
2. Memorize musical selection of their choice. The piece may be longer than two (2) minutes, but the excerpt performed may be a maximum of two (2) minutes in length.
3. Be enrolled in grades K-11 (grade cut off date: June 30, 2016)
4. Reside in Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Jasper, Newton or Starke Counties OR study with teachers in the above counties OR be a member of the Northwest Indiana Symphony Youth Orchestra
5. Must provide accompanist for auditions (Winners must provide their own Symphony-approved accompanist at the concert)
6. Contestant may not have been a winner in the same event for the 2016-17 season. (If the performer won as a vocalist in 2016-17, they may compete on piano in 2017-18)
7. Pay the audition fee of $15.00
8. Following this form, register your audition time slot.
9. Due to the high volume of applicants, refunds for the registration fee are unavailable.
10. Due to the high volume of applicants, no make-up performances are available.